Monday, August 17, 2009

The End of Day One

So, I made it. I made it through the first day back, and I lost that hopeless feeling around 1. I was happy to see everyone but still felt lost - like everyone belonged there but me.

I actually shared my concern with my principal. He's retiring in December, and I will certainly miss his guidance. In fact, when he announced his retirement last year, I remember the depression beginning to set in. When I told him my concerns, he suggested that I look into administration. Ha Ha! Now, I think I would be a good administrator, but I have a small child and don't want to commit such an abundance of time to anything but her right now.

He says that he finds that most people need a change every 7 years or so. I agree - at least I'm certainly showing signs of needing a change. I just don't know what form that change should take.

On a positive note, it was really nice to think about something other than lunch or Blue's Clues today. Once my brain got used to working again, I was able to jump right in and go.

I really wanted to talk with some of the people who have been there longer than me. I want to know what keeps them in it. Maybe I'll find out.

Also, everything today seemed to point to a spiritual focus...work to live don't live to work...be the shining star in someone's life...find the star in the students...divine intervention...God's plan. I heard all these things today; I even woke up singing a song with the line "Come unto me...all who are weary...and I will give you rest...Bring your hurts, bring your scars, bring the load that you carry...and I will give you rest."

No comments:

Post a Comment